Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weekend in the ATL

My best friend lives in Atlanta.  She has been there for the past two years getting her MPH at Emory.  I have been so consumed with my own life over the past two years that I haven't had a chance to go visit.  She has been accepted into Medical School and is headed to Chicago in July.  I made the decision that it was now or never.  I needed to get down to Atlanta to visit her. 

I arrived at about 9 on Friday night.  We immediately went back to her house and got ready to go out.  We had a late evening at a local bar/dance club.  It was a great time, but I was ready for bed as soon as my flight landed, so I probably wasn't the best company.  After I got some sleep, I was in a much better mood for the weekend.  Saturday we ended up "Shooting the Hooch", which is basically Atlanta speak for Tubing down the Chattahoochee river.  It was a blast!!!  The temperature outside was close to 95, but the water temperature was 52.  It was crazy cold!  Here is our group!


Friday evening we all went out to a nice dance club in Buckhead (a nicer part of Atlanta) called Havana.  Here is a group photo of most of the girls!  (I'm the fourth girl in line) 

Sunday we spent the day visiting the Coke museum and eating real Atlanta food.  We had Fried Chicken and all the sides for dinner at Mary Mac's Tea Room!  It was delicious!  I would highly recommend it!

Here are some favorites from the day!






All in all it was a really great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment