Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crafting Time!

So I am not what I would call "crafty".  I have never been and I never really expected to be.  I quilt and sew a little, but that is about it.  But every once in a while, I find something that inspires me.  I have been collecting cards from "The Curly Girl Design Studios".  All of these cards have fun, uplifting messages that I feel like I can relate to.  I have had these cards for years, and have always wanted to find a way to display them.  I finally decided I was going to attach them to painted canvases and hang them on the wall to my quilting room.  
I started by matching the color of the envelopes for each card, to a paint color.  I painted the canvases the corresponding colors.


After the canvases dried, I was able to modpodge the cards to the canvases.  I think they turned out pretty nice!









 I am excited to put them on the wall!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! I need to find a project to decorate the bare walls in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete