Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Finished Project!!!

I have been working on a quilting project for months now.  I was recruited by my best friend to make a t-shirt quilt for her with all of her old t-shirts from high school and college.  She also asked if I would create a quilt for her roommate.  I worked on my best friend's roommate's quilt first, because her shirts got to me first. 

I spent the entire summer avoiding putting the quilt together.  I love sewing, but it's been so nice out, that I couldn't justify spending the time inside to get the job done.  I had the top of the quilt done a few weeks ago, but I've really needed to actually quilt it and put the binding on.  I finally sat down and finished the quilt!  It feels so good to have this project done and to finally have it sent off to its new owner!


I also learned a few things along the way.  First and foremost, the stuff that you can use to glue the quilt top, the batting, and backing together is the most amazing invention ever.  I also learned that it is important to think about how the back of a quilt will look after it is completely quilted.  Here is what this one looks like!  I think it turned out pretty nice!


And here is a closer look at one of the corners!


I have one more t-shirt quilt to start and finish and then I can focus on other sewing projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment